Got Any Ideas?

Got Any Ideas?

If you want to suggest a recipe for me to try, just email me at cookingginger@hotmail.com and I'll give it a whirl!
ps: put the subject title as Cooking Ginger and then the title of your recipe. I have been getting a lot of spam and it would be nice to know what ISN'T spam :)

Monday, July 26, 2010

Beef Taco Skillet

Alannah is finally home from India. Her request for dinner: meat and cheese (but absolutely no rice). My choice: the beef taco skillet

The Recipe:

1 pound ground beef
1 can Campbell's condensed tomato soup
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup water
6 flour tortillas (6-inch), cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1. Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until it's well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.


2. Stir the soup, salsa, water, and tortillas in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir the beef mixture. Top with cheese.



Makes 4 servings
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes


from Campbell's Recipe Collection


My Experiences:
So we had no can opener. Oops. So instead of the soup and water, I used tomato juice. Did the job. VERY easy to make (Hamburger Helper easy).

Alannah and I enjoyed our meal :)

The Ratings:
Alannah's rating: 8.5/10
My rating: 8/10

2 comments: