Got Any Ideas?

Got Any Ideas?

If you want to suggest a recipe for me to try, just email me at cookingginger@hotmail.com and I'll give it a whirl!
ps: put the subject title as Cooking Ginger and then the title of your recipe. I have been getting a lot of spam and it would be nice to know what ISN'T spam :)

Friday, October 22, 2010

Lemon Meringue Pie

MY FAVORITE! I love me some lemon pie :) There was no way I was not making a lemon meringue pie for Thanksgiving!!!

The Recipe:
1 box of Shirriff Lemon Pie Filling
2 eggs
1/3 cup cold water
2 cups boiling water
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup sugar

Filling

1. In a saucepan mix 2 slightly beaten egg yolks and 1/3 cup cold water with contents of one pouch.

2. Add 2 cups boiling water.

3. Cook over medium heat (not higher); stirring constantly.

4. When bubbles first break the surface, continue to boil and stir for 30 seconds.

5. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tbsp butter.



6. Cool 5 minutes, stirring twice. Pour into BAKED, cooled 9" pie shell (baking instructions are on pie shell package...)



Meringue

1. Beat 2 egg whites until soft peaks form.

2. Gradually beat in 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form.

3. Top pie with meringue and bake at 350F until golden, about 12 minutes.

4. Cool before serving.



My Experience:
So tip: make sure you keep the egg white and yolk separate. If there is any yellow in the whites for the meringue... IT WONT WORK!! Make sure you use an egg separator or be really careful.

Any left over lemon filling is also good just on its own as a pudding type snack.

The Ratings:
Papa's rating: 10/10
Nannie's rating: 9/10
Dad's rating: 10/10 (also Dad's favorite)
Kathie's rating: 8/10
Bill's rating: 9/10
My rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment