Got Any Ideas?

Got Any Ideas?

If you want to suggest a recipe for me to try, just email me at cookingginger@hotmail.com and I'll give it a whirl!
ps: put the subject title as Cooking Ginger and then the title of your recipe. I have been getting a lot of spam and it would be nice to know what ISN'T spam :)

Friday, October 22, 2010

Springtime Tortilla Roll-Ups

So it's not Spring but I saw this sandwich type thing and thought it looked really yummy...


The Recipe:
For the herb spread
1 package whipped cream cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
2 green onions, chopped
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

For the tortilla roll-ups
8 flour tortillas
8 romaine leaves
1 small zucchini, julienned
1 red pepper, halved, seeded and julienned
1 yellow pepper, halved, seeded and julienned
2 small carrots, peeled and julienned

1. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, parsley, dill, green onions, salt and pepper. Lightly spread some cream cheese mixture over the tortillas.

2. Layer romaine leaves, zucchini, some pepper strips and carrots on top.

3. Roll the filled tortillas up tightly.

4. Wrap the roll-up tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.

5. Slice the tortillas, on an angle, into 1-inch strips.

My Experience:
These are a nice little snack. If you don't like the peppers or any other kind of the vegetables, I also had these sandwiches with just julienned cucumber.

I didn't use fresh parsley and dill, I cheated and used the bottled stuff. Still works :)

You can also add or vary the fillings with: alfalfa sprouts, strips of roasted pepper, very thin slices of ham, turkey or roast beef, strips of green onions, thin strips of cheese, sprigs of parsley.

The spread on it's own with crackers like melba toast or something is pretty good too if you have left overs.

The Ratings:
My rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment