Got Any Ideas?

Got Any Ideas?

If you want to suggest a recipe for me to try, just email me at cookingginger@hotmail.com and I'll give it a whirl!
ps: put the subject title as Cooking Ginger and then the title of your recipe. I have been getting a lot of spam and it would be nice to know what ISN'T spam :)

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Italian Sausage-Vegetable Soup

SLOW COOKER! That's right. Another slow cooker recipe.

The Recipe:
1/2 lb. bulk Italian pork sausage
1 cup sliced carrots
1 large baking potato, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cans ready-to-serve beef broth (141/2 oz. each)
1 can garbanzo beans or chick peas, drained (15 oz.)
1 can chunky tomatoes, undrained (141/2 oz.)
11/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1 bay leaf
1 cup julienne-cut zucchini
grated Parmesan cheese

1. In large skillet, brown sausage; drain. In 31/2 to 4-quart Crockery Pot, combine cooked sausage and all remaining ingredients except zucchini and cheese; stir gently to mix.

2. Cover; cook on low setting for 7 to 9 hours.

3. Remove bay leaf.

4. Gently stir in zucchini. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes or until zucchini is tender.

5. To serve, ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with cheese

My Experience:
Easy. Yummy. Need I say more?

I would actually put more carrots next time since I love carrots.

Careful when serving, the chick peas sink to the bottom. Make sure to scoop them out.

Makes 7-8 servings

The Ratings:
Joelle's rating: 6/10
My rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment