Got Any Ideas?

Got Any Ideas?

If you want to suggest a recipe for me to try, just email me at cookingginger@hotmail.com and I'll give it a whirl!
ps: put the subject title as Cooking Ginger and then the title of your recipe. I have been getting a lot of spam and it would be nice to know what ISN'T spam :)

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hawaiian BBQ Chicken

Even got Sam to help me with this one (he had to throw it all in the crock-pot and turn it on at lunch time). Nice and easy slow cooker recipe!

The Recipe:
4-6 frozen boneless chicken breasts
1 bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ Sauce
1 20oz can of pineapple chunks, drained

1. Place the frozen chicken breasts in the crock-pot.

2. Add entire bottle of BBQ sauce, covering the chicken.

3. Add drained can of pineapple chunks on top.

4. Cover and cook: 2-3 hours on HIGH or 4-6 hours on LOW.

Yes, I realize that this isn't the best of pictures. 
It is of the leftovers because I was far too hungry 
to take a picture of a plate before serving.

My Experience:
Super easy! Three ingredients that you just throw all together, you don't even have to thaw your chicken!

For the BBQ sauce, I'm sure any original sauce would do. I actually got extremely lucky and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce was on sale for $1.50 off when I was at the grocery store.

The chicken was also really moist and would just tear apart. Would probably be good in a bun as a pulled chicken sandwich.

I was super lazy when I got home so I only served this with jasmine rice. So nothing fancy but it was really good. You can even pour a bit of the extra BBQ sauce on top of the rice.

Make sure when you serve the chicken that you get some of the pineapple with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment