Got Any Ideas?

Got Any Ideas?

If you want to suggest a recipe for me to try, just email me at cookingginger@hotmail.com and I'll give it a whirl!
ps: put the subject title as Cooking Ginger and then the title of your recipe. I have been getting a lot of spam and it would be nice to know what ISN'T spam :)

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

Working 8 hours a day plus 3 hours travel time on the bus... I'm getting A LOT of use out of my slow cooker. And here is another of the wonderful recipes I have stumbled upon.

The Recipe:
1 beef roast
1 lipton savory herb with garlic recipe, soup and dip mix
1 can of coke or similar cola
baby carrots
potatoes halved
1 can of corn, drained

1. Spray with Pam or grease slow cooker

2. Place roast in the slow cooker

3. Pour the lipton mix over the roast

4. Pour the coke over the roast

5. Put the carrots on the side of the roast, where they will be covered by the coke if possible

6. Put potatoes on top of roast

7. Pour corn on top

8. Cook on Low (8-10 hours) or High (5-6 hours)



My Experience:
Oh how the roast is tender after cooking on low for 10 hours! So phenomenal. The potatoes are soft but not mushy and sooooo flavourful from the lipton mix and coke.

Best part is that your entire meal is all cooked in the slow cooker so you don't have to worry about anything else. Just come home to a yummy smelling kitchen and enjoy!

The amount of potatoes and carrots you use is totally up to you. Because I wanted leftovers (and my boyfriend LOVES potatoes) I used 5 potatoes and 2 good handfuls of baby carrots. In hindsight, I should have put more carrots (because I LOVE carrots). Regardless, you just need to cook the amount you want to.

The meat is so tender (as I have already said but am still drooling as I write it) and can just be torn apart (no need for a knife with this recipe). You could easily use the leftover meat for sandwiches, sort of like a pulled beef sandwich or even just use the slices.

When serving, I would suggest putting a good spoonful or two of the sauce on top of your beef slices. Although liquid-y, the sauce is really flavourful! I added it after I took the picture because my boyfriend did it and said the sauce made it taste that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment