Got Any Ideas?

Got Any Ideas?

If you want to suggest a recipe for me to try, just email me at cookingginger@hotmail.com and I'll give it a whirl!
ps: put the subject title as Cooking Ginger and then the title of your recipe. I have been getting a lot of spam and it would be nice to know what ISN'T spam :)

Monday, August 2, 2010

Macaroni Salad

While at the cottage, we needed to make a quick and easy side dish to go with our burgers and corn on the cob. My choice, grandma's macaroni salad!

The Recipe:
Noodles (you can use spirals, penne, basically anything)
Vegetables (once again, basically anything)
Italian salad dressing (personally, I use the calorie wise)

1. Cook the noodles, strain and chill


2. Cut up the vegetables


3. Mix noodles and vegetables with salad dressing to taste


4. Enjoy

My Experience:
Easiest side dish to put together ever. Even great as a quick meal. Also, very good for leftovers.

For the vegetables, it can really be anything. I often will just use what I have in the fridge. This time I used carrots, broccoli, and cucumber. It is also good with radishes, celery, peppers (green, yellow, orange, red... whatever you like) and cherry tomatoes. Honestly any vegetables you like will work fine!

As a tip, try not to mix too much at once and just mix what is needed (the vegetables get soggy if you leave in for too long like for a couple days). I will often cook too much pasta on purpose and leave the extra in the fridge cold and mix small amounts when I want some. If, however, you do mix extra, the next time you have some you will probably have to add more salad dressing because it will soak into the noodles and be slightly dry.

The Ratings:
Alannah's mom Mary: 9/10 (3 meals and took the leftovers home)
Alannah's sister Ginny: 9/10 (she's a picky eater and she ate it for 3 meals!)
My rating: 9/10 (really love this dish)

No comments:

Post a Comment