Got Any Ideas?

Got Any Ideas?

If you want to suggest a recipe for me to try, just email me at cookingginger@hotmail.com and I'll give it a whirl!
ps: put the subject title as Cooking Ginger and then the title of your recipe. I have been getting a lot of spam and it would be nice to know what ISN'T spam :)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Triple Chocolate Pudding Cake with Raspberry Sauce

Sooo I made a chocolate cake... with one of the weirdest cake ingredients ever. V8 vegetable juice. I obviously thought this was very odd but, surprisingly, the cake turned out really great! So don't judge a cake by it's ingredients lol.

The Recipe:
Vegetable cooking spray
1 package (about 18 ounces) chocolate cake mix
1 package (about 3.9 ounces) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
2 cups sour cream
4 eggs
1 cup V8 100% vegetable juice
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces
Raspberry dessert topping
Whipped cream

1. Spray the inside of a 4-quart slow cooker with the cooking spray

2. Beat the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, vegetable juice and oil in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in the chocolate pieces. Pour the batter into the cooker.





3. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.



4. Serve with the raspberry topping and whipped cream.



My Experience:
I don't know if I was looking in the wrong place... but I couldn't find raspberry desert topping. The alternative I chose was homemade strawberry jam between 2 slices of the cake (I sliced it like bread) and used Strawberry Sundae sauce on the very top. Since I was going with the strawberry theme, I put a strawberry on top of the whipped cream.

As for the cake mix and pudding mix... just use your favorites whether it be chocolate, devil's food, dark chocolate or chocolate fudge. Personally, next time I make this cake I will probably use vanilla pudding because yes, it is very chocolatey.

For me, it took seven hours to cook. After I decided it was ready, I just flipped the slow cooker pot over onto a cutting board.

Excellent cake. I will without a doubt make it again!

The Ratings:
Joelle's rating: 10/10
Lydie's rating: 10/10
My rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment