Got Any Ideas?

Got Any Ideas?

If you want to suggest a recipe for me to try, just email me at cookingginger@hotmail.com and I'll give it a whirl!
ps: put the subject title as Cooking Ginger and then the title of your recipe. I have been getting a lot of spam and it would be nice to know what ISN'T spam :)

Friday, November 25, 2011

Hamburger Casserole

Kind of like shepherd's pie, minus the veggies, plus cheese :) in other words, way better than shepherd's pie...

The Recipe:
1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup milk
1 pound ground round
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons minced onion (1/2 small onion)
1 large egg
prepared mashed potatoes, about 2 to 4 cups
3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
paprika, optional

1. Soak bread crumbs in milk

2. Mix ground beef, salt, pepper, onion, bread crumb-milk mixture, and egg

3. Spread in a 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes

4. While cooking, you have time to prepare the mashed potatoes

5. Top with mashed potatoes, paprika if desired, and sprinkle with cheese

6. Return to oven for 10 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted and potatoes are thoroughly heated

Serves 4

My Experience:
Quick and easy to make! Not too many ingredients to have to worry about. You could probably replace the bread crumbs with crushed up soda crackers if you don't have any. Other than that, most people would have all ingredients on hand.

I like shepherd's pie, I love this awesome twist!

The Ratings:
My rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment