Got Any Ideas?

Got Any Ideas?

If you want to suggest a recipe for me to try, just email me at cookingginger@hotmail.com and I'll give it a whirl!
ps: put the subject title as Cooking Ginger and then the title of your recipe. I have been getting a lot of spam and it would be nice to know what ISN'T spam :)

Monday, November 21, 2011

Sausage Stir-Fry

Wanted to try something new with sausages and this is what I found.

The Recipe:
1 lb smoked sausage
5 carrots, cut in strips
4 celery stalks, cut in strips
2 onions, cut in wedges
1 stalk broccoli, strips and flowerets
1/3 cauliflower, in flowerets
1 red or green pepper, sliced
5 pkg Ramen noddles
Soy sauce or sweet and sour sauce

1. Cut sausage into 4 long pieces, then slice through to make pie shaped pieces

2. Saute sausage in large serving pan

3. Add vegetables and saute

4. Cover and steam

5. Meanwhile, boil 2 to 3 quarts water in a second pan and add Ramen noodles. Cook no longer than 5 minutes

6. Pour noodles in with meat and vegetables

7. Serve with soy sauce or sweet and sour sauce

My Experience:
I actually just used Italian sausages rather than the smoked sausage because that is what I had. I also boiled the sausages for a bit to tenderize the skin a little, then I sliced it and sauted it.

Also, I diced all of the vegetables rather than cutting in slices and I didn't measure the amount since I was only cooking for 2 and estimated what we would eat, allowing for a bit of left overs.

Instead of Ramen noodles, I just used penne since I had some in the cupboard and did not feel like going to the grocery store.

I used the soy sauce and it was really good. It was a nice change to my usual fried sausage with rice routine.

The Ratings:
My rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment