Got Any Ideas?

Got Any Ideas?

If you want to suggest a recipe for me to try, just email me at cookingginger@hotmail.com and I'll give it a whirl!
ps: put the subject title as Cooking Ginger and then the title of your recipe. I have been getting a lot of spam and it would be nice to know what ISN'T spam :)

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Roast Chicken

So I don't really have a recipe for this one. It was a guestimation and creativity on my part but I will give you the ingredients I used and cooking instructions.

The Recipe:
Paprika
Poultry seasoning
Parsley
Thyme
Rosemary
Basil
Chili powder
Olive oil
Small whole chicken

1. In a small bowl, mix the seasonings together. I would suggest equal parts of everything (less for chili powder if you don't like spicy/hot)

2. Using your hand, cover chicken with a thin coat of olive oil

3. Rub seasoning mix onto chicken to cover skin. Salt and pepper to taste

4. Preheat oven to 375F. Cook for about 1 and a half to 2 hours, until meat thermometer reads 180 in the thickest part without touching bone

5. Let chicken stand 10 minutes before carving



My Experience:
I made a similar recipe a couple months ago and can't find the recipe I used so I just made my own up and thought I would post it anyways.

If you try it, good luck. This one tasted really good and the left overs will make for great sandwiches.

The Ratings:
My rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment