Got Any Ideas?

Got Any Ideas?

If you want to suggest a recipe for me to try, just email me at cookingginger@hotmail.com and I'll give it a whirl!
ps: put the subject title as Cooking Ginger and then the title of your recipe. I have been getting a lot of spam and it would be nice to know what ISN'T spam :)

Monday, November 21, 2011

Maple Salmon

If you are a true Canadian, you love maple syrup and you may just love this recipe.

The Recipe:
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound salmon

1. In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt and pepper.

2. Place salmon in a shallow baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish and marinate salmon in the refridgerator for 30 minutes, turning once.

3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F

4. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork

My Experience:
Awesome new twist to baked salmon. It was easy to make and very yummy. Even my kitten loved the salmon.

I was concerned at first at what the maple syrup with soy sauce would taste like but it was fantastic.

When Sam found this recipe online and read me the directions, he had told me to preheat the oven to 200 (without reading the C part). This lead to a longer cook time (about half an hour) but it still turned out great. Probably would have been crispier if cooked at the 400F (I LOVE crispy salmon).

I also made steamed vegetables as a side (celery, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, red pepper, onion) and used the left over marinate as a dressing for the vegetables to tie in the flavours together. It worked wonderfully. The other side was garlic rice to bring out the garlic in the salmon.

The Ratings:
Sam's rating: simple said it was really good (he isn't as into the blogging as I am lol)
My rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment