Got Any Ideas?

Got Any Ideas?

If you want to suggest a recipe for me to try, just email me at cookingginger@hotmail.com and I'll give it a whirl!
ps: put the subject title as Cooking Ginger and then the title of your recipe. I have been getting a lot of spam and it would be nice to know what ISN'T spam :)

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Rosemary Beef Burgers with Jalapeño Mayonnaise

Saw this recipe on my favorite show EVER (Best Recipes Ever that is!) and I just had to make it. Especially for my boyfriend who loves everything spicy (I toned it down a little for me).

The Recipe:
1 egg
1/4 cup sodium-reduced beef broth
1 small onion, grated
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 lb lean ground beef
4 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns

Jalapeño Mayonnaise:
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp minced jalapeño pepper
1 clove garlic, minced

1. In bowl, beat egg with beef broth.

2. Stir in onion, bread crumbs, rosemary, salt and pepper; mix in beef.

3. Shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.

4. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and cook, turning once, until digital thermometer inserted sideways into centre registers 160°F, about 10 minutes.

5. Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, parsley, jalapeño pepper and garlic.

6. Cut rolls in half; toast, cut sides down, on grill until golden, 1 to 2 minutes.

7. Spread jalapeño mayonnaise on cut sides.

8. Place burgers on bottoms; sandwich with tops.



My Experience:
So I made these burgers as mini burgers like they did on the show because it makes them more fun!

I used crushed saltine crackers instead of bread crumbs because, well, I had some and mom used to always make burgers that way. However, the addition of the beef broth made the burgers nice and juicy which was a lovely surprise.

Since I don't really like lots of spicy, I didn't put any jalapeño peppers in my mayonnaise (but I did in my boyfriend's).

I topped our burgers with jalapeño monterey jack cheese (could you any cheese you like), sliced tomato, lettuce and bacon (like I always say, everything is better with bacon). However, you can top the burgers with whatever you like best!

Sam said it was great and spicy. This is definitely a meal I will be making again!

Nutritional Info (approx per serving)
cal 534
pro 30g
total fat 27g
sat. fat 9g
carb 41g
fibre 2g
chol 130mg
sodium 897mg
%RDI: 419mg
calcium -
iron 10%
vit A 32%
vit C 4%
folate 8%

No comments:

Post a Comment