Got Any Ideas?

Got Any Ideas?

If you want to suggest a recipe for me to try, just email me at cookingginger@hotmail.com and I'll give it a whirl!
ps: put the subject title as Cooking Ginger and then the title of your recipe. I have been getting a lot of spam and it would be nice to know what ISN'T spam :)

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pork Loin

Tried this new slow cooker recipe and we loved it! Need a sweet tooth to enjoy it though.

The Recipe:
1 boneless pork loin roast, 4 to 6 pounds
1 clove garlic, halved
salt and pepper
1 1/3 cups brown sugar, divided
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1. Wash pork roast, trim excess fat, pat dry, and rub with garlic halves

2. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then prick the roast all over with a fork or skewer

3. In a cup or bowl, combine 1 cup of the brown sugar, the mustard, and vinegar. Rub all over the roast.

4. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours. Pour off the excess juices. (SAVE THE JUICES for a gravy!)

5. Combine the remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar with cinnamon; Spread the mixture over the top of the roast.

6. Cover and continue cooking on LOW for 1 hour longer.

My Experience:
So so so so so yummy! Don't be fooled by the lack of liquids in the recipe... the juices from pork do the job (just don't cut off too much of the fat, I actually didn't cut any off of mine). After about 5 hours I just turned the roast over so that the top layer could soak for a bit. Mine was nice and moist.

I couldn't get my bottle of balsamic vinegar to open so in my hurry this morning I just used regular vinegar and it was still good.

I saved the juices and made a very yummy gravy out of it. Sliced up the roast and served it with rice (with a bit of gravy mixed in) and a side of steamed vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment